Monday, March 2, 2015
Agape Internship - Spring Internship
On Friday, January 23 2015 I had my first day working with Agape as their Public Relations/ Marketing Intern. Agape is a non-profit organization serving the people of their community. As of 2009, Agape has been serving families throughout the Columbia and Montour counties. During the 2011 Tropical Storm Lee flood Agape helped families throughout six counties. Agape makes sure to help those people in the communities who are "falling through the gaps," and need help putting food on their table, finding homes, jobs and household appliances. I have known I would be working with them since Fall semester 2014, so it's exciting to currently be involved.
Agape is located downtown on 19 East 7th Street Bloomsburg, PA 17815 and are open weekdays except Wednesdays. I work with them mainly Fridays and occasionally Mondays , but since a lot of the work I am given is done on the computer, I can work on it outside of the office.
So far as their Public Relations/ Marketing intern, I have designed an updated informational brochure that has been printed, approved by the board, and on display for people to view. The brochure was my first project and I have many more to work on before my internship ends in May. I am currently working on pamphlets that are based off the first brochure but go into further detail about each of Agape's programs; Life's Challenges, Joseph's Storehouse, Helping Hands, and Making Progress.
Working with Agape so far has opened my eyes to how many people in the community need help with their daily lives; and being able to help market Agape and all they do for people makes for a more influential internship experience.
(Below is the first brochure I completed)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

It is really cool reading about other peoples internship experiences, seeing how they vary from my own. This really shows how much someone could do with a Mass Communications degree, it covers a variety of sub-categories. The brochure you completed it great! You provide readers with a lot of helpful information. Looks like you will get great experience working with Agape!
ReplyDelete