Thursday, April 9, 2015

Second Post

        After finishing up the first informational pamphlet and seeing the printed copies displayed in the front entrance , I felt I had accomplished something for Agape that would help them seek more clients. Soon after that project was done, I was presented with the next one. Amber who is very involved in dealing with clients seeking help as well as handling the donations and applications for those in need of something from Agape as an organization , has been working with me as an editor of the work I create. When presented with the idea of creating 4 more pamphlets each further explaining the different areas of assistance , I started drafting ideas for the layout. The four areas of Assistance included "Making Progress", "Helping Hands", "Joseph's Storehouse," and "Life's Challenges." All these were explained briefly in the main informational pamphlet but my job was to create four separate designs that went more in depth with information. I wasn't given much information  about how they wanted everything to be organized and laid out to work with in the beginning so I came up with my own ideas. Upon request, I came up with rough drafts of the four pamphlets that were consistent in following the layout of the main informational one which was my plan from the start, so everything worked out.  Since I am not at Agape every single day, it took me a total of two days to create four pamphlets with the information needed. After I showed Amber what i created so far, she critiqued my work and helped me with editing and how she wanted the lay out of the paragraphs to look. I soon adapted to the flow of how things were accomplished and learned that these couldn't be finished in one day and it would take a lot of printing before everything was final. For the past few weeks, since I posted in my last blog, I've been printing, editing, and designing these pamphlets until they are close to perfect.  Microsoft Word is the software I have been using since it works best for me and is most reliable in my opinion. For the main pamphlet I had the older version as a guide to making an updated one which made it easier.
     As of right now, April 9,2015, they are almost finished as a whole and just waiting to be approved by the board.   So far I have learned a lot interning with Agape and everyone has been nothing but nice. They have encouraged my creativity in helping them better market what they stand for as a non-profit organization. They've been keeping me busy and are thankful for my contribution to their establishment. Since I am the youngest one their, I've made some adult friends that I can have casual conversations with about every day life as well as words of encouragement as a graduating college student. I know I will benefit from interning here when faced with job opportunities post graduation.

Below is an example of one of the four pamphlets.





No comments:

Post a Comment